Donation and Giveaway Requests
As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we are proud to give back to our community and support a variety of charitable organizations. Each month we donate to charity through our partnership with DailyKarma.
Each year, we receive hundreds of requests for donations from worthy causes throughout the greater Kansas City metro and unfortunately, we are unable to donate to them all.
*Please review our qualifications to ensure your organization meets our charitable giving criteria.
Charitable Giving Criteria + Notes
- You must provide a copy of your IRS designation letter, a copy of your fundraising letter or flyer, as well as a statement of intent on how the candles will be used (gift bag, auction item, raffle prize) and how the product will be promoted.
- We do not make financial contributions.
- Donated product must be picked up. We do not ship donations. No exceptions.
- Past support is not a guarantee of future support
- We do not donate product if to:
- Organizations that do not have an Internal Revenue section 501(c)(3) status
- Annual or capital campaigns and endowment funds
- Conferences or seminars
- Donations for political purposes that do not align with our progressive values
- Religious organizations that do not align with our progressive values
- Private foundations
- Courtesy advertising (i.e.: yearbooks, flyers and school programs)
If you are interested in our program and have met our criteria, please email our CEO and founder with a copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) designation letter and a copy of your fundraising letter or flyer. Because we receive a large number of inquiries, all requests must be submitted electronically and we are only able to respond to inquiries that are a good fit. Phone calls will not be accepted or returned.
Gifts By Birdie loves collaborating with other makers and bloggers. There are a variety of ways we can work together:
Giveaways are a great way to engage a new audience and get product into the hands of new fans. In order to make the most of every giveaway, we have implemented the following guidelines:
- Gifts By Birdie must be the only candle prize if it is a multi-brand giveaway.
- Products must be picked up locally. We do not ship giveaway products to partnering brands or winners. No exceptions.
- When requesting to partner with Gifts By Birdie for a giveaway, please start the conversation via email with the following:
- Your Instagram handle and website
- Giveaway goal - (likes, new followers, email signups, etc.)
- Suggested channels for the giveaway
- Proposed dates for the giveaway announcement and winner release
- Paid advertising budget for the giveaway
- A photo of your product and its retail value
Due to the volume of requests for giveaways we receive, we are only able to respond to those that are a good fit.
Sponsorships must be requested a minimum of six weeks in advance. If you would like Gifts By Birdie to sponsor an upcoming event, please email us with the following information:
- The date of your event
- Number of attendees
- Quantity and size of product requested
- How the event and product will be promoted
- What assets will be available after the event (photos, video, etc)
Please note that Gifts By Birdie does not cover the cost of shipping for sponsored products. Sponsored product must be picked up or have the cost of shipping paid for by the requester.
Popups are a great way to engage the community and offer free sniffs before people invest in a new home fragrance. Gifts By Birdie is open to popup collaborations and individual opportunities. If you are interested in working with Gifts By Birdie for an upcoming popup, please email our CEO and founder with the following information:
- Popup date(s)
- Hours, including set up and break down
- List of other makers, if available
- How the event will be promoted